Great developer rebrandings, number 1: ‘Kidbrooke Village’

Photo taken in Tudway Road, Ferrier Estate, Kidbrooke, SE3, yesterday.

It’s a long way from the City, and it’s not in SE9 (and it’s a rum old do when you want to abandon the prime SE3 postcode for something else), and it’s never felt like a village. If Kidbrooke did have a village, wouldn’t it be further north, by the church on Kidbrooke Park Road?

But one day, maybe one day…

4:45PM UPDATE:
Adam goes looking for the Kidbrooke Village atmosphere.

9 February, 2011 at 2:40 pm

1. Being hardsold on Spotify at the moment.

Sven Ellis

9 February, 2011 at 2:59 pm

2. I’ve heard about this – I don’t listen to Spotify enough, I’d love to hear the ads!

9 February, 2011 at 3:15 pm

3. When the ‘urban village’ as once understood is dead or in very precarious health, developers revive the term for the new: ‘Kidbrooke Village’, ‘Greenwich Village West’ etc.

Otter

9 February, 2011 at 4:26 pm

4. I had to do a double take as my poor eyesight read KY first. D’oh. I live in Plum Stead Village

Plummy Mummy

9 February, 2011 at 7:13 pm

5. I trust Berkeley Homes don’t pay the bill for the advertising boards with SE9 on them. This brochure on their website – http://www.berkeleygroup.co.uk/media/pdf/2/g/20652-KC_Commercial_6pp_v3.pdf – clearly puts KV in SE3. Doesn’t it all look attractive? I’m almost tempted.

valley_girl

9 February, 2011 at 10:15 pm

6. Kidbrooke Village is divided between SE9 and SE3.

The City Point area and Sutcliffe Park is within SE9.

The Blackheath Quarter, Meridian Gate and Capital Plaza areas are within SE3.

MK

28 March, 2011 at 7:13 pm

7. The sign was taken in Tudway Road, SE3. I do wonder how the people of Eltham Green feel about being co-opted into “Kidbrooke Village”…

28 March, 2011 at 9:46 pm