The Great Bear of Charlton

29 March, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Posted in local stuff

Tagged with ,

1. I think it’s a ‘he’. Let’s call him Bobby the SE7 official mascot. He brightened up my day when I saw the picture earlier on.

H

29 March, 2010 at 3:28 pm

2. Brightened your day? Some poor kid’s probably in tears because its bear’s done a Burton… ;-)

29 March, 2010 at 3:59 pm

3. It’s the only way they learn! I love a cute bear or animal. I hope you’re going to do some regular Bobby-watching, let us know how he gets on, what he thinks of the weather, passers by and latest Charlton defeats, stuff like that.

H

29 March, 2010 at 4:10 pm

4. Aww, I always feel sad when I see a lost bear. Doubly so now I have a child of my own who would be utterly distraught if he losr his favourite. Just one of the reasons I don’t let him take it out of the house.

Clare Griffiths

29 March, 2010 at 10:08 pm

5. If I hadn’t been out a little while back with a youngster who dropped his toy (which I managed to pick up), and then later heard of the grief that another toy being lost had caued, I might not have thought about it so much, being a soulless, childless type.

But then lost cat/dog posters always make me sad. And that bear would have got soaked in the rain…

29 March, 2010 at 11:33 pm

6. You mean you didn’t fashion him a little raincoat out of a plastic bag? Heartless….

Susie

30 March, 2010 at 7:51 am

7. Did he survive the night?

H

30 March, 2010 at 9:01 am

8. Aww, you’re not soulless!

Clare Griffiths

30 March, 2010 at 2:23 pm

9. Don’t tell anyone, it’ll ruin my reputation

H

30 March, 2010 at 6:37 pm

10. I mean your reputation!

H

30 March, 2010 at 9:03 pm

11. Bear fans – by 4pm today he’d gone. Hopefully he’s gone to a new home…

31 March, 2010 at 5:44 pm